20121216

NAPA CALIFORNIA

It's kind of a tradition for us to go to Bistro Don Giovanni every time we go up to Napa. Equally as large of a tradition for me is to take a photo of the adorable cat that lives at the Bistro. This time we went it was sleeping on one of the seats in the patio and I nearly squealed with delight. 




Over Thanksgiving break my uncle from Korea visited my family and me so we decided to go on a day trip to Napa. For my family, Napa means an overabundance of good food, dilly dallying around vineyards, and perhaps shopping at the outlets. Though it takes a good two hours to drive there, when we arrive, it is our form of a mini-oasis; it's a way to relieve us from the stress that surrounds us constantly in our daily lives, and for once, just breathe. All we see are miles and miles of vineyards and blue colored mountains in the distance. Though some may perceive this constant view to be dull and uninteresting, I've found that constant is just the thing I need. In my life, everything is constantly changing and the people around me, the things I'm interested in, etc they're all in this crazy dynamic motion of never-ending change- reminds me of a broken roller coaster that just can't stop. And perhaps that is why the endless sameness brings me peace. Does this really make sense to anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment